TEN OF MY FAVORITE SCREAM QUEENS
Where would the horror genre be without all the hot ladies who have graced us with their presence onscreen over the years? Women have been an important part of horror movies often playing the protagonist and lone survivor. This week I give you 10 of my favorite horror hotties in no particular order. There are so many amazingly talented and beautiful women who have made a career in horror as well as those who have started in horror. As a result this was a very difficult 10 to choose.
1. Janet Leigh mother to Halloween star Jamie Leigh Curtis had a career as an actress that spanned five decades. A beautiful lady who had a variety of roles including Halloween H2O and The Fog and is best known for her role in Psycho (1960). The scene which ended with her stabbed to death in the shower is one of the most famous scenes in a horror movie of all time. She continued to take roles in TV and movies until her death in 2004. I cannot imagine Psycho without her.
2. Judi Aronson began her movie career playing Samantha in Friday the 13th Part IV released in (1984). The following year we saw her in Weird Science . Although she has had only one more role in horror since, as a reporter in Hannibal she is anything but forgettable. She is arguably the hottest lady in the franchise with the best ass. If I had to guess, I’d say the only actress who comes close is Julianna Guill from the 2009 reboot. These days Judi is looking as beautiful as ever at 50.
3. Shawnee Smith has long been a favorite actress of mine. She is talented and beautiful! Her movie career did not begin in horror but with the 1987 movie, Summer School. She followed that up by starring in the remake of The Blob. However, her Scream Queen status really took off with her role as Amanda Jigsaw ‘s protégé in the 2004 film Saw and its sequels. She has since had roles as central characters on the sitcoms Becker and Anger Management.
4. I believe the first time I ever saw Eliza Dushku was in the 2003 film Wrong Turn. I spent the whole film in awe of how stunning her beauty is and how great she is at portraying ass kickers. She played one of a group of kids stranded in the backwoods of West Virginia and stalked by a family of cannibals. Although this was a relatively successful film and franchise Eliza had already found fame prior to this. She played Faith on the popular show Buffy the Vampire Slayer and it’s spin off, Angel.
5. Danielle Harris is the darling of the Halloween franchise — literally. She began her movie career at 11 years old playing Jamie Lloyd in Halloween 4: The Return of Michael Myers. Halloween 5 followed in 1989. She did not take another role in
horror until 1998′s Urban Legend. Although to many horror fans Danielle already had Scream Queen status from her roles in the Halloween sequels her status was sealed when she took the role of Annie in Rob Zombie’s 2007 and 2009 Halloween remakes. Miss Harris is without a doubt my favorite Scream Queen.
6. Felissa Rose is not only hot she is also sweet and talented. She began her horror movie career as the “chick with the dick” in 1983′s Sleepaway Camp at age 12.
She instantly achieved Scream Queen status with this role. She did not reprise her role as Angela Baker in the 1988 sequels because by this time she was a college student. Felissa eventually came back to the horror scene about 10 years ago and has been acting and producing since. I had the pleasure of interviewing her in 2014 and not only is she appreciative of her fans she is one of the sweetest girls I have ever met!
7. Katharine Isabelle began her acting career in 1989 but her first role in a horror film didn’t come until 1998′s Disturbing Behavior. Ginger Snaps was released in 2000. Her next big role in horror and what put her on the horror map was Freddy vs. Jason from 2003. Although she has had a mix of horror, TV and non horror throughout her career she is most recognized by horror fans. I knew her face but not her name until 2012′s American Mary in which she played a super sexy revenge killer!
8. Jordan Ladd began her acting career as a 3 year old on an episode of Charlie’s Angels. Her roles in horror films include Hostel II and Grace. The first film I saw her in was 2002′s Cabin Fever. Although I lean toward the brunette ladies, I recall being taken with this petite blonde cutie. Unfortunately, her character suffered a grisly death. First she was stricken with a flesh eating virus then put out of her misery with a 2 x 4.
9. Danielle Panabaker got her first movie role in 2005 but her first role in a horror film didn’t come until 2009 with the Friday the 13th reboot. I enjoyed her performance as Jenna and hoped to see her in future horror films. Her roles since include The Ward, The Crazies, and Girls Against Boys a film I highly recommend if you are into revenge horror.
10. I have saved the best for last. Alexandria Daddario is one of the most beautiful girls I have ever seen with her dark hair and crystal blue eyes. Although she has been acting since 2003 her breakout role would have to be 2013′s Texas Chainsaw 3D. She played the lead, Heather Miller, who would turn out to be Leatherface’s cousin. The following year she was cast in the HBO series True Detective as Woody Harrelson’s character’s mistress. I found out while watching True Detective that not only is she beautiful but she has a pretty great rack. Yes, guys, she goes topless for this role! So if you like dark mysteries and boobs check out the first season of True Detective.
There you have it! Ten of my favorite horror hotties. Let me know what you think of my picks or feel free to share yours in the comments.